It’s not a pretty sight.
Your colleague is frantically searching through piles of papers for an important business document. Manila folders and their contents are soaring through the air. An hour later, he’s still rummaging away, wasting valuable time that should have been spent on a long to-do list.
A recent survey says this scenario is all too common.
More than 50% of respondents acknowledged the need to improve how they manage business information. The majority lamented the extensive amount of time they devote to current practices as well as the large volume of storage space needed.
Other interesting tidbits:
- Thirty-plus percent of respondents said that it takes up to four weeks to get paper-based business documents filed.
- Forty percent estimated spending between eight to 12 hours per month filing current business documents and business-related paper.
- Thirty-three percent of respondents said it takes up to one hour to find and retrieve a file from paper storage.
- Sixty percent of those who utilize filing cabinets and/or paper storage said up to 15% of their office or work space is currently occupied by filing cabinets.
- Twenty-one percent of respondents still keep between 11 and 30 boxes of archived paper in less accessible document storage areas.