Some companies have a very difficult time getting engagement and “buy in” from their employees. Ragan lists some of the reasons your employees may be feeling disillusioned. (Read the full article for elaboration.)
- Employees don’t know what game they’re in, how it’s played, and what the stakes are.
- Employees don’t know exactly how to make the biggest contribution.
- You don’t give employees a reason to care about contributing.
- Managers don’t know how to create an environment that fosters passion, courage and a desire for excellence.
- Employees are set up for the “Agony of Defeat” rather than the “Thrill of Victory.”
- Bad behavior and poor performance go unchallenged.
- Employees feel unappreciated.
Fortunately, many Indiana companies are making those valuable connections with their team members — and 100 were recently recognized by earning a spot on the Best Places to Work in Indiana list. The rankings will be announced at the 10th Annual BPTW in Indiana Awards Dinner on May 7. Get your tickets now.