"Our education system is dead. It’s propped up by unions, bureaucracy and schools of education."
At a speech before local and state elected officials earlier this year, Gingrich also offered:
- An automatic college scholarship for each year that a student graduates early from high school
- Dual credit programs. In Selma, Alabama, 32 of 65 high school graduates also received associate degrees along with their high school diplomas. Gingrich: "That is the beginning of the future."
- Abolish state curriculums and get rid of departments of education
- All states should have an outside review panel look at the costs of higher education
- The current system will "never fix the pile of federal bureaucracy on top of state bureaucracy on top of regional bureacracy on top of local bureaucracy."
Gingrich is coming to town. You don’t want to miss him.