This will serve as the first installment of taking a look inside some of the numbers that helped shape this election:
- Senate Republicans were not competitive in any Democratic controlled seats. The closest race in a Democratic controlled seat was SD40, where Vi Simpson won by 23,471 votes, or 40%.
- The closest Senate race was decided by 3,909 votes.
- 22 House races were decided by less than 3,909 votes.
- The closest House race was decided by 114 votes.
- 11 House races were decided by less than a 10% winning margin.
- 6 House races were decided by less than 500 votes.
- The 10 closest House races were decided by an average of 699 votes or 2.8%.
- In the 66 contested House races, Democratic candidates received 3,974 more votes than Republican candidates for a 0.2% difference.
Keep checking www.IBRG.biz for updated Election Reports. We have just posted update #4.