Pack your bags, we’re going to Vegas! Or maybe a Caribbean cruise is more your style.
Those are the top domestic and international destinations Hoosier travelers are booking for the rest of 2009, according to a Travel Leaders survey. The travel agency network surveyed some of its agents and owners throughout the state.
Other notable findings in the 2009 fall travel trends survey:
- 65.6% of Indiana travelers are making U.S. travel reservations four weeks or less from the planned departure date
- 93.7% of respondents said clients are cutting back on some aspect of travel (such as shortening length of trip)
- Other top destinations domestically are: Orlando (ranked No. 2), Tampa/St. Petersburg (3) and Chicago and Dallas (tied at No. 4)
- Hoosiers traveling internationally are heading to: Cancun, Mexico (No. 2); Mediterranean cruises (3); Montego Bay, Jamaica (4); and Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Riviera Maya, Mexico; and Shanghai, China (all tied for No. 5)
- Still, 90.6% of Indiana Travel Leader respondents say overall travel bookings are lower than at this time in 2008
Compare these findings to the national travel trends.