A 22-city schedule of town hall meetings is planned for the next six weeks to give small business owners across the state the opportunity to connect with legislators who are part of the recently formed Small Business Caucus. Details are in this press release.
One-hour sessions are scheduled in each location. Representative Carlin Yoder (R-Middlebury), one of the Indiana Chamber's 2012 Government Leaders of the Year, is a co-chair of the caucus. He says, "We know small businesses are vital to Indiana's economy and provide the most jobs to working Hoosiers. … I look forward to listening and speaking with small business owners so they can help guide us in pro-small business legislation."
- August 8, Valparaiso, Strongbow Inn, 8 a.m. CDT
- August 9, LaPorte, Silver Palace, 11:30 a.m. CDT
- August 20, Seymour, Jackson Coounty Library, 12:30 p.m.
- August 20, New Albany, Padgett, Inc., 5 p.m.
- August 21, Columbus, Eastside Community Center, 8 a.m.
- August 21, Greensburg, Greensburg Library, Noon
- August 22, Fort Wayne, Georgetown Library Branch, Noon
- August 27, Indianapols, QEPI, 8 a.m.
- August 27, Greenfield, Hancock County Library, Noon
- August 28, Bloomington, Monroe County Library, Noon
- August 29, Carmel, Monon Center, 8 a.m.
- August 29, Lafayette, Tippecanoe County Library, Noon
- September 5, Muncie, Mursix Corporation, 8 a.m.
- September 5, Anderson, Raine, Inc., Noon
- September 10, Terre Haute, Indiana State University Cunningham Library, 8 a.m.
- September 10, Vincennes, Knox County Library, Noon
- September 11, Evansville, Ivy Tech, 8 a.m. CDT
- September 11, Washington, Washington Public Library, Noon
- September 17, Kokomo, Indiana University-Kokomo Kelly Center, 8 a.m.
- September 17, Rochester, Rochester Public Library, Noon
- September 18, South Bend, Ivy Tech, 8 a.m.
- September 18, Elkhart, Elkhart Public Library, Noon