The U.S. Chamber recently released findings from a small business survey. A few interesting findings:
- 55% of respondents cited economic uncertainty as their greatest hiring obstacle.
- 35% said Washington uncertainty impacted growth.
- 35% cited too little revenue as their greatest obstacle.
- Two of the top issues of concern are America’s debt and the health care law. Eighty percent of respondents said America’s debt and deficit have a negative impact on their business, and 72% said the health care law has made hiring more difficult.
- By a 73% to 17% margin, respondents said that the business climate of the last two years has hindered their growth. Respondents were split in how they view the next two years, with 38% believing the climate will improve, 37% believing that it will worsen and the remainder uncertain.