The initiative, announced earlier this year in partnership with the state, is in place to help address the effects of drug use in the workplace. Among the recent and ongoing steps for Indiana Workforce Recovery:
Project manager Allyson Blandford is on board to guide the day-to-day activities
- More than 30 key stakeholder meetings have taken place to identify potential partners and align Indiana Workforce Recovery programs with other initiatives
- Funding discussions continue with a variety of local, state and national organizations
- Initial actions that employers can take today have been released
Indiana Workforce Recovery is focused on the workplace, disseminating best practices that support prevention, early identification, treatment and recovery. The goals include helping to educate employers and reduce the stigma around substance abuse disorder.
Among the upcoming actions:
- Convening sessions for employers in conjunction with the state’s Family and Social Services Administration. Bloomington, Greenwood, Fort Wayne, Terre Haute and Lafayette will be the initial locations. Look for details soon
- Establishment of a peer review panel to evaluate effectiveness of toolkits and other support initiatives
- Addition of a Mental Health First Aid training pre-conference to the 2018 Indiana Health and Wellness Summit, which will also have a session on substance use disorder in the workplace
The Chamber’s BizVoice® magazine will feature an Indiana Workforce Recovery update in its September-October issue.
Learn more from Blandford at (317) 264-2166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.