A typical person could name myriad things in life that would be worse than losing one’s iPad: Being forced to watch those super sad Sarah McLachlan abused animal commercials on a continuous loop. Dying in a fiery car crash. Being a chair in Clint Eastwood’s home, constantly having to deflect his criticism.
But a recent newsletter from Mobile Enterprise posts answers from users who were asked that very question. Their findings may surpise you:
iPad users would find accidentally destroying their device more painful than:
- Getting in a minor car accident – 40%
- Having a root canal – 32%
- Breaking their nose – 16%
- Getting fired from their job – 10%
Business travelers also say they’d rather forget the following items than forget their iPad:
- Deodorant – 55%
- Birth control – 50% (47% among females)
- A change of clothes – 35%
- To lock the front door – 22%
- To turn off the oven – 17%
H/t to staffer Glenn Harkness.