The new seventh edition of our popular handbook, Model Employee Policies for Indiana Employers, is almost here! Authored by attorneys from Bose McKinney & Evans LLP, this guide is designed to help employers understand the legal implications of an organization’s written policies and procedures, the costs and benefits of placing informal practices in an employee handbook and how to communicate an organization’s values and goals. It includes a compilation of legal commentary and numerous sample policies.
Here’s a list of some of the topics being updated in the new edition:
- Practical policies for dealing with new white-collar wage/hour regulations
- Updated policies attempting to balance employer authority with the increasing overreach of the National Labor Relations Board
- Revised EEO policies addressing expanding LGBT rights and protections
- New technology-driven policies recognizing employee preferences for using their own devices for work-related purposes
- Expanded complaint procedures focused on increasing whistleblowing protections in the workplace
- Revised policies taking into consideration recent Supreme Court decisions on religious, disability and pregnancy discrimination and accommodations