Blogger David Griner recently outlined the 7 deadly sins of social media — some things to keep in mind as your business tackles the fabulous Interweb.
There are a million ways for businesses to use social media well, and only a handful of ways to do it horribly wrong. So why do companies keep falling into the same traps?
The answer is easy: human nature. And as we all know, humans are constantly beset by malicious temptations.
So as a public service, I’ve decided to break down the Seven Deadly Sins that make social media go sour. (Click on any one of the tips to learn more.)1. Lust: Loving your customers is great, but take it slow.
2. Gluttony: Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
3. Greed: It’s hard to shake hands while you’re reaching for someone’s wallet.
4. Sloth: Always avoid the temptation to “set it and forget it.”
5. Wrath: There are a lot of people out there itching for a punch in the nose, but you’re not the one to give it to them.
6. Envy: Don’t be dissuaded by other people “doing it better than you.”
7. Pride: Stay humble, rock star.