The business experts at Kiplinger recently offered the following odds on the major issues facing Congress:
- Health care overhaul: 3 to 2 (seems a little optimistic, but they note that President Obama will likely accept less than what is currently on the table to win a deal before the end of the year)
- Energy cap and trade: 1 to 6 (Kiplinger: a bigger push in 2010)
- Financial regulations: 3 to 2
- Stimulus Part 11: 3 to 2 (I’m surprised by this one, but Kiplinger believes states will push for it in the face of a "jobless recovery")
- Surface transportation: 0 (reauthorization put off until 2010)
Agree or disagree?