Travel Leaders recently released the results of a survey of over 600 folks, inquiring about their travel preferences. As we all like to fantasize about such things while at work, let us indulge you. Here are the results:
If you won a trip anywhere in the U.S., which would you choose? (614 responses)
1. Cruise – 33.1%
2. Island Destination – 23.1%
3. Beach Destination – 18.4%
4. Resort Destination – 7.8%
5. Major U.S. City – 6.2%
- Top “ideal U.S. island destination” was Maui, HI, followed by the U.S. Virgin Islands and Hawaii (The Big Island), HI, respectively.
- Top “ideal U.S. beach destination” was Hawaii, followed by Florida and then California.
- Top “ideal U.S. city to visit” was New York City.
- Top “ideal national park to visit” was Yellowstone.
- Top “ideal U.S. mountain destination” was Colorado.
- Top “ideal U.S. golf destination” was a tie among Arizona, Hawaii and North Carolina.
What is your dream international destination? (609 responses)
3. (tie) Greece
3. (tie) Tahiti
6. (tie) Ireland
6. (tie) New Zealand
9. (tie) Egypt
9. (tie) France
I doubt I’m alone in thinking the fact that Branson isn’t mentioned once on this survey is a rather stark indictment of society.