Now that the results are in, it’s only fair to deliver a grade on how my predictions went:
- Obama would win Indiana.
- Obama would win the White House and win 375 electoral votes to John McCain’s 163. With only North Carolina undecided, the count stands at 349-147.
- 48 out of 49 states were picked correctly with only Missouri being incorrect with one state remaining.
- Governor Daniels would easily win re-election.
- 8 Congressional seats would remain unchanged. (I thought Mike Pence’s and Steve Buyer’s races would be closer, but they’d still win).
- Greg Zoeller and Tony Bennett would narrowly win and be good bellwether races for the night.
- Ed Charbonneau would win in the only competitive Senate seat.
- House Democrats would keep their majority.
- The Indiana House would end up 52-48 Democrat. One seat, HD26, is still undecided but Republican Randy Truitt is up by 20 votes.
Incorrect Picks (or near misses):
- Congressman Mark Souder would lose. Souder won easily with 55% of the vote.
- Missed the correct winner in two House races (HD26 and HD97).
Overall, the correct picks tallied 183 out of 187 correct (97.9%). Not bad, but the misses sting.