What do we do at the Indiana Chamber of Commerce? Let’s start with what’s not on the list. We’re not a state agency (it was really bad when the current Indiana Economic Development Corporation was known as the Indiana Department of Commerce). We’re not a government entity, although we partner with them on occasion and keep a close eye on what they’re doing that impacts the state’s business climate.
Here’s a short list of what the Indiana Chamber does:
- Represent the interests of the Indiana business community at the state and federal levels with eight full-time issue experts
- Host 50 employee training seminars and produce regulatory compliance publications on critical business topics
- Provide more than 4,800 member companies (from all types and sizes of businesses) with free assistance through a Business Research Center and telephone helplines
- Offer several discount programs, including ChamberCare health insurance (through a partnership with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield) for companies with between two and 99 employees
- Produce the award-winning bimonthly BizVoice® magazine that offers news and analysis for more than 15,000 business owners, presidents, CEOs and business leaders
- Deliver services (through affiliated programs) in workforce development (Ready Indiana) and internship coordination (Indiana INTERNnet)
Stay tuned as we look to help you learn more about the Indiana Chamber and all we offer for you.